Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wood Handle Machete

JUDUL

The Machete is A-ok, and I have tested it fairly well, but the sheath is junk.
Update:
I have been using this Machete quite a bit now. It is holding up really well.
I have been chopping at many types of hardwood/softwood saplings, and even some 6 inch trees, and it is holding the original edge it came with perfectly. I did wrap the handle with a nylon 3/16 inch string, and 2 ton epoxied that on with a cheap paint brush to make for a better grip. This is 440 Stainless steel. I didn't expect a Stainless steel to hold up this well. I am very happy with the Machete, but you will have to find someone to or build your own sheath.
Heber Ellsworth: wildmanh@yahoo dot com is building mine.
New Update: Machete is working great with a lot of use. Still has original edge, and is still super sharp!!

0 comments: